• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Harrogate 2014

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I thoroughly enjoyed the day Jim but I think the girls had the last laugh as we didn't spend that much . The work of Stuart Mortimer is out of this world and I will have to experiment with some of his finishing techniques on some scrap wood to see if I can do it.
It was great to catch up with you and Carol again Jim. Thoroughly enjoyed it !!!:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Sounds like you've had a great time, I wish it was a bit closer so that it was worth having that trip up there. Maybe next year. :thumbs

Thanks for those Pics Jim, there certainly is some fantastic work there.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Spent last night in Harrogate in good company.
Spent most of the day today at the show, and spent a lot on not a lot! Consumables mostly, but essentials!
Met up with a few guys from here and other forums, luckily most of the Nutters on here went yesterday!:devil::kiss:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Well it was a good day at the show today. Spent everything I went with and had to borrow some of the wife. Ended up buying a Record Power air filter as its about time I had something to clean the air. Also bought a Turn master tool with HSS tips and an,extra head and a mushroom cutter. Three bits of wood to make bangles with and few other odds and sods. Could have spent much more, a pro edge would have been nice. Oh well, one day.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well it was a good day at the show today. Spent everything I went with and had to borrow some of the wife. Ended up buying a Record Power air filter as its about time I had something to clean the air. Also bought a Turn master tool with HSS tips and an,extra head and a mushroom cutter. Three bits of wood to make bangles with and few other odds and sods. Could have spent much more, a pro edge would have been nice. Oh well, one day.

Sounds like you had a good day, what is a mushroom cutter?

Peter

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Sounds like you had a good day, what is a mushroom cutter?

Peter
It's one of these Peter, goes on the Turn master for small hollowing jobs. I saw the video of Sorby demonstrating hollowing a pot porrie vessel and I'd like to have a go at one.
447a7f52c6d6859f25f13532ee089c87.jpg

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I went today and spent too much. Mind you I could have spent a hell of a lot more
Bought a Crown Mini Revolution, some wood, a diamond honing tool and some other bits and bobs :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's one of these Peter, goes on the Turn master for small hollowing jobs. I saw the video of Sorby demonstrating hollowing a pot porrie vessel and I'd like to have a go at one.
447a7f52c6d6859f25f13532ee089c87.jpg

Okay, it's like a teardrop cutter.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).