• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

2 Days and counting!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hopefully I'll learn something about the cnc and I'm hoping that the laser cutter doesn't make me want one (more than I do now)

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hopefully I'll learn something about the cnc and I'm hoping that the laser cutter doesn't make me want one (more than I do now)
You might want to brief the CMM Paul.
The laser cutter we will be using was £24000. as new!
I did look into getting something similar, recently.
With extraction (a must) + VAT and a software and hardware, it came in at about £8000:whistling:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
With extraction (a must) + VAT and a software and hardware, it came in at about £8000:whistling:

That cheap the centre lathe at work were over £100,000 and the pallet changing mill was £150,00

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul

Geez Neil, I think I'd better not see it. She'll divorce me....

Wait a minute... I can get a machine and no CMM.... All the cave time I want.

I've asked her about it and apparently they won't allow you to use them in hospital :funny:

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
Hi Neil,
Is it still ok to turn up on the day ? if so I can come a bit earlier to lend a hand if you could do with an extra pair of hands setting up .
Lainey

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi Neil,
Is it still ok to turn up on the day ? if so I can come a bit earlier to lend a hand if you could do with an extra pair of hands setting up .
Lainey

If you had said earlier, Lainey I could have sent up all my socks and undies for you to wash:whistling:

Peter

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
One more sleep :noway1::shocking:

I've even had the van re sprayed so Ma Lord Woody can arrive in style :contacts:

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
If you had said earlier, Lainey I could have sent up all my socks and undies for you to wash:whistling:

Peter

Oh dear you too ? Yes many men find operating a washing machine to be too complicated , especially nowadays when they have so many buttons. ( have you noticed men's power tools mostly have only an on and off button !) the laundering process is now further complicated by the issue of temperature . Should you wash at 30 degrees , 40 degrees, 50 degrees or 90 degrees? How to assemble a correct load without dying your favourite white kelvins pink ( unless of course they are already pink or that's the desired effect) Then there are dozens of different materials to sort , for Gods sake check the percentage of flexible polyurethane elastic in your favourite spandex all in one or you'll ruin it for life! Then there's the washing powder, well I say powder, you might want to consider gel, tablets, sachet, capsules or liquid. BUT , do you want biological ,non biological or perhaps a colour care type?
Now we come to the subject of fabric conditioners, scented or non scented, liquid , capsule or sheet, OR should you have chosen a detergent COMBINED with fabric conditioner ? .... Now for all those buttons , pre wash at 90 degrees pre wash at 40 degrees, white cotton, colourfast cotton,non colourfast cotton,coloured synthetics,acrylics, wool, silk quick wash or rinse hold? THEN spin speed (ah! something familiar).. 400 , 600, 800, 1000 or1200 rpm OR .... Wash by hand .!!!!
I can see why you asked !
Lainey

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Oh dear you too ? Yes many men find operating a washing machine to be too complicated

What's a washing machine :nooidea:

I just leave my dirty clothes on the bathroom floor & overnight they make their own way back into the wardrobe cleaning themselves on the way. Aren't all clothes like this :idontknow:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).