• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

2 Days and counting!

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Oh dear you too ? Yes many men find operating a washing machine to be too complicated , especially nowadays when they have so many buttons. ( have you noticed men's power tools mostly have only an on and off button !) the laundering process is now further complicated by the issue of temperature . Should you wash at 30 degrees , 40 degrees, 50 degrees or 90 degrees? How to assemble a correct load without dying your favourite white kelvins pink ( unless of course they are already pink or that's the desired effect) Then there are dozens of different materials to sort , for Gods sake check the percentage of flexible polyurethane elastic in your favourite spandex all in one or you'll ruin it for life! Then there's the washing powder, well I say powder, you might want to consider gel, tablets, sachet, capsules or liquid. BUT , do you want biological ,non biological or perhaps a colour care type?
Now we come to the subject of fabric conditioners, scented or non scented, liquid , capsule or sheet, OR should you have chosen a detergent COMBINED with fabric conditioner ? .... Now for all those buttons , pre wash at 90 degrees pre wash at 40 degrees, white cotton, colourfast cotton,non colourfast cotton,coloured synthetics,acrylics, wool, silk quick wash or rinse hold? THEN spin speed (ah! something familiar).. 400 , 600, 800, 1000 or1200 rpm OR .... Wash by hand .!!!!
I can see why you asked !
Lainey

That went straight over my head Lainey. The only word I understood was spandex and the vision of MAMILS on cycles turned my stomach so much I had to take a pill.

Maybe Neil can organise for you to give a demo on the controls of a washing machine, (what IS a washing machine btw?). Can't guarantee you'll have a very attentive male audience though:thinks:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
What's a washing machine :nooidea:

I just leave my dirty clothes on the bathroom floor & overnight they make their own way back into the wardrobe cleaning themselves on the way. Aren't all clothes like this :idontknow:

That's how I thought it worked too :funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Too Much!

We haven't got much time on the day so I'll be demonstrating the capabilities of the centre lathe and the laser cutter. We may have the A3 router going as well but it will be jerry rigged up to an old laptop as we are having computers re imaged for some of the machines.
The whole department will be open on the day and every one is free to wander about and see what they want. As a total inverse of the modern environment I hope to have a rare colour film running from the 1940's. this shows kids in the old school making there own lathes by melting down parts from a crashed plane and casting and fettling them.
Not a computer, or PPE in sight!:bwink:

What cnc center lathes have you got

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
They sound a bit like the old capstan I used to set up and work in fords motors I'm going to bed now got to get up early tomorrow

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
They sound a bit like the old capstan I used to set up and work in fords motors I'm going to bed now got to get up early tomorrow

I use a capstan at work for parting off martial that need a good square edge

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Lainey, just turn up when you like.
I'm going back in today and may get most things, more or less, in place.

Although in jest, it may not be a good idea for any one to make "Womens work" jokes in front of Alison.
The school only has a limited supply of First aid equipment and I won't have access to the cleaning cupboards to mop up any resulting blood loss!:alex:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The Auction will be taken down in 1/2hr is anyone wants to make any last bids

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I'm ready in York. Car and awning are pitched. Currently sat at Monk Cross Asia while Her in Doors does some shopping :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Car full of fuel, tyres and windscreen washers checked, sat nav programmed, stuff in the boot ready for a 7am start. See you lot there.:banana::banana:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I've not had chance to get sorted yet, ran a load of this moulding earlier today

image.jpg

Been & fitted it this afternoon, watching the cricket high lights now, then Ray is calling with Jims platter, best get sorted after that or Gramps will be telling me off :goesred::whistling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Have a great time, I'm sure you all will and if you get chance buy Neil L a beer, he has been run ragged I bet.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).