• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

2 Days and counting!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Oh dear you too ? Yes many men find operating a washing machine to be too complicated , especially nowadays when they have so many buttons. ( have you noticed men's power tools mostly have only an on and off button !) the laundering process is now further complicated by the issue of temperature . Should you wash at 30 degrees , 40 degrees, 50 degrees or 90 degrees? How to assemble a correct load without dying your favourite white kelvins pink ( unless of course they are already pink or that's the desired effect) Then there are dozens of different materials to sort , for Gods sake check the percentage of flexible polyurethane elastic in your favourite spandex all in one or you'll ruin it for life! Then there's the washing powder, well I say powder, you might want to consider gel, tablets, sachet, capsules or liquid. BUT , do you want biological ,non biological or perhaps a colour care type?
Now we come to the subject of fabric conditioners, scented or non scented, liquid , capsule or sheet, OR should you have chosen a detergent COMBINED with fabric conditioner ? .... Now for all those buttons , pre wash at 90 degrees pre wash at 40 degrees, white cotton, colourfast cotton,non colourfast cotton,coloured synthetics,acrylics, wool, silk quick wash or rinse hold? THEN spin speed (ah! something familiar).. 400 , 600, 800, 1000 or1200 rpm OR .... Wash by hand .!!!!
I can see why you asked !
Lainey

You are 100% spot on Lainey, I just can't understand these machines, we have a smart washing machine, well it isn't that smart if it can't tell what type of material it is washing and se the temp etc. If only I could get my head round it I would willingly do the washing. I can use the iron if my wife sets it up for me.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).