• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dust Control

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
We can all joke about dust and leaving the door open but I can tell you its no joke. I was given the news that my cancer of the voice box appears to be cleared only a few months ago but I still have check ups every 6 weeks.
When I was lying on the radiotherapy table each day I cursed myself for being gung ho about the dust in the shed over the years. I have now bought a powered dust mask and a large dust extractor and restricted my turning to pens because there is less dust than with bowls etc. I don't want to put a damper on things but if my experience prevents only one of you from getting cancer it will be worth while.

Thanks for sharing, Maurice. I have a Trend Airshield but with the cold at the moment I don't wear it because it freezes my face! Going to try Frankie's truck air filter with my extractor, and may vent it outside if I can get a Thien-type system in place.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the heads up Maurice, and good to hear that you have the all clear. I have only just started to take this dust lark serious, but i am now on with it and hopefully by the summer i will be happy with my extraction .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).