• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fancy a day in York?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Neil,

Just picked up on your previous post setting the date at 16th August, sorry cant make it as I am at a show in Nottingham all weekend!

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
According to Google maps it is 3.2 miles by car and the route on foot (according to memory map) is 2.6 miles

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for sorting that info Chas!
Never needed a caravan near home, so didn't have a clue where they were!
Neil

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Unashamedly making this post to bring this back to the fore!:face:

I've posted this event on 4 forums. I've only had one definite response apart from you lot! (their loss!)
I have now sent mails to every club in the area, and have already received some positive feedback.
I'll keep you updated!

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Makes a note to get up at the crack of sparrow:fart: on the day to make sure I descent seat
You'll be getting more people at this event that York City do for a home game :funny::funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Neil, i will sticky this thread until after the event my friend .. As you state, it is their loss .. :winking:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I'm late on this thread but would also like to attend please Neil.

Woody, if you want a lift up to York you're welcome to the seat in my van, though if Vi's going one of you will have to go on the roof rack......don't worry I have ratchet straps :funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ye please Doug I was concerned about the drive Terry n Jackie did offer for us to stay there but it will be better for me to go with you look forward to it mate

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I'll come and keep Milady company while your away dad, nudge nudge wink wink me ol sailor.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
A little bit more progress!
The finance Dept. have made an account to deal with the money side of things, and tickets can now go on sale!

I still have to do the admin. bit though, and keep the records of what came from Whom, and where.

Here's the bit, for legal reasons....

Tickets are £10.00 per person.
Please make this payment by cheque to...
Neil Lawton.
The Joseph Rowntree School.
Haxby Rd.
New Earswick.
York.
YO32 4BZ.

Please make the cheque payable to " The Joseph Rowntree School fund "

If the event is cancelled, for any reason, a full refund will be given.
If you pay, then cannot attend, a full refund will be given if notified, up to seven days before the event.
Ticket money cannot be refunded if you cancel after the 9th of August.
Please write your name and address on the back of the cheque, to enable the posting of tickets.
If you have any special Dietary requirements, please include details with your payment.

Legal bit over!

Please, please, please, make the cheques payable to The Joseph Rowntree School Fund, any made out to me will be considered fair game, and will be converted into beer tokens!:funny:

Although the kids won't be in school, your ticket will still take the form of a pass!
Please remember to bring it. There will be other things going on in School that day, and we don't want all and sundry walking in and grabbing food you have paid for!
The ticket will also allow you to look around other areas of the building, if you wish to do so.
I'm also looking at getting one of the CNC millers/ engravers, on line for the day, but I am at the mercy of the IT dept. who normally take the system down, at this time of year.
If any one wants pen box laser engravings with hunting, fishing, shooting themes, or anything else for that matter, please send a link to the sort of image you want, and I'll see if ! can convert them to machine drawings, that can be personalised on the day!
Thin line vectors work best, and usually in black.
I'll keep you updated!
Regards,
Neil

Jim

Grand Master
Is there any other payment method for those who don't have a cheque book Neil .. :whistling: Something like in the olden days, i believe that they called it cash .. :ciggrin:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Is there any other payment method for those who don't have a cheque book Neil .. :whistling: Something like in the olden days, i believe that they called it cash .. :ciggrin:

:funny:

Cash is acceptable Jim, but can only be sent at the owners risk!
I can't be available to sign for received deliveries.
If members want to send cash, they can, but they must include their name and address!
If you include a contact E mail address, I can send a confirmation of receipt from my School E mail, to authenticate receipt.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy

Good point Jim, I haven't used a cheque book in the last 6 or 7 years :thinks::thinks::thinks:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I haven't used a personal cheque book in nearly 10 years. Business ones yes, charitable groups that I am a member of yes, but not a personal one.
However a cheque for £20 will be in the post by the weekend (for me and Sue) if I can get her indoors to write one out :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).