• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fountain Pens on Planes

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Interesting thread , thanks for all the info.
Write while the plane is already stable in the air if you want to write on board without any issues. As you take off, don't write.
It is important to always ensure that the ink in your fountain pen is fully filled. This will ensure that there is no space for the ink in the reservoir to swell.
@molly09 , I'm sure that Peter (Buckeye) has tried a few things since posting the original thread 10 years and one month ago. But nice to see people researching the old threads..
@howsitwork? not a problem as there are loads of threads going back over 10 years so its always worth searching the forum first before you ask any questions. But failing that ask away.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Well, given that this thread has found some new life, having found that its national insurance contributions aren't quite enough to qualify for a full state pension, I wonder if completely filling the converter is the best method. I was always told to leave a good amnount of air in there, to give the ink somewhere to go when it expands at altitude.:thinks: