• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Replacement carbide tips

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Has anyone got an address of any UK companies that supply replacement square carbide tips please:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In have noticed the total differences over here in the quality of them suggest you get in touch with Woody who uses a lot of these. like to hear how you get on Ed its a vex question.

Peter.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
In have noticed the total differences over here in the quality of them suggest you get in touch with Woody who uses a lot of these. like to hear how you get on Ed its a vex question.

Peter.

Hope Woody can help Peter .I want the tips for one of Woody's chisels maybe he sells spares.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter

These cutters may have improved indeed I will seek them out but sharpness earlier they were not having a different angle grind. soon we could have our annual Working With Wood show I will check out there as well. Some of the cutters are unreal. I was given three recently the angle was 45 degrees is this normal?

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Perhaps there are a few questions I need answers before I proceed. Things such as hole size, thread size of the holding screws in Titmans look enormous. Happily following the references thanks people.

Peter.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Perhaps there are a few questions I need answers before I proceed. Things such as hole size, thread size of the holding screws in Titmans look enormous. Happily following the references thanks people.

Peter.

Yes indeed, the hole sizes of the square knife inserts are rather large.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The 14mm tips from Replacement Carbide Cutters have a hole that is 6.5 they come with an M5 countersunk screw which holds it nicely. They also came with an M4 screw, but that is a little on the small side, it just holds the blade, but I wouldn't use it with M4.

I have ordered some of the Titman tips so will let you know the hole size when they come.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The 14mm tips from Replacement Carbide Cutters have a hole that is 6.5 they come with an M5 countersunk screw which holds it nicely. They also came with an M4 screw, but that is a little on the small side, it just holds the blade, but I wouldn't use it with M4.

I have ordered some of the Titman tips so will let you know the hole size when they come.

Peter

THanks Peter I have converted two commercial handles and shafts that used high speed steel small cutters as well I can manipulate hole sizes on. Thanks for the continuing sizes.

Peter.

Gary G

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gary
Hi Guys

Do any of you know if any of the above mentioned fit the Robert Sorby Turnmaster i have just bought one of these and do not rate the cutters very much, or it could be operator error

Gary

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).