• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yet another first dip-pen!

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
In Beech, tried to keep it simple and it turned out something less than delicate! Nice to write with though - being a bit thicker makes it easier for me to grip :thumbs:

Learned a few things along the way, hoping the next one will be a bit better looking

IMG_2048.jpg

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Liking it Graham, I'm not usually a light wood person but that works.

Where do we source the nibs and nib holder sections from?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Liked the design and the flourish in the angle cut off in the top of the pen, prefer it to points on the top. Is there a reason to use non waterproof ink mate, what is the colour of Walnut-like ink, I think I read brown on the label. All for coloured ink.

Peter.

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
Liked the design and the flourish in the angle cut off in the top of the pen, prefer it to points on the top. Is there a reason to use non waterproof ink mate, what is the colour of Walnut-like ink, I think I read brown on the label. All for coloured ink.

Peter.

I bought the ink because I liked the sound of "Walnut"! I don't know whether calligraphers have particular reasons for non/waterproof inks :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).