• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

York 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Is there going to be a night time gathering this year? Its a long auld trek.

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
I'll will try but I've got 'art problems. Our lass don't let me 'art.

(You might need the phrase book) :funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Is there going to be a night time gathering this year? Its a long auld trek.

If enough people are stopping over I could try and book somewhere on the evening Paul. Or could just arrange a place to meet up.
York is not exactly short of drinking establishments.:whistling:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I'll will try but I've got 'art problems. Our lass don't let me 'art.

Mine comes with me. As does Terry's and Jim's :thumbs: Neil Lawton's other half was there as well last year organising the catering (didn't she do well) :thumbs:
Just bring her with you Jimi :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
If enough people are stopping over I could try and book somewhere on the evening Paul. Or could just arrange a place to meet up.
York is not exactly short of drinking establishments.:whistling:

I think meeting up would be good enough Neil

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
Mine comes with me. As does Terry's and Jim's :thumbs: Neil Lawton's other half was there as well last year organising the catering (didn't she do well) :thumbs:
Just bring her with you Jimi :thumbs:

We have young kids (7 and 8) it's not quite as easy as that, I will see what we can organise by then, they might have to spend the night at my mums.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I would suggest a night time gathering is a must init.
Friday on the tarn in York.

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
I,ll be driving but would like to stay for 1 pint after it would be rude not to :winking:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just to keep you up to date!

The demonstrator I hoped to get has mailed me to say he may be available on the 18th July!:banana::banana::banana:

He is the most entertaining demonstrator I've seen in the 12 years I've been turning , and loves a bit of banter! Really hope this comes off!:thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Unashamed about keeping this post in the limelight:ciggrin:
Our demonstrators from last year (Walter Hall and Philip Greenwood RPT), are both intent on attending the event this year, and are grateful not to be working this time!:thumbs:
Bob Chapman RPT is set to come, he couldn't attend last year, as the day was on his wedding anniversary!:nooidea::funny:

Look forward to seeing those of you who can make it!:thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
After last year Neil there's no way I'm missing this. If you can confirm the 18th July asap as I've got a lot of organising of holidays and hotels to book.
I'll be fetching a pocket full of money for the auction too - Woody and Alex kept outbidding me last year.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
How are the numbers looking Neil?

Up and down Dan.

Last count had about 30 paying people which is actually up on last year! I have to take into account how many people are needed to run the event (volunteers), so about 35.
The fire limit is 60, so could do with a few more!

Tony Wilson has kindly offered a greatly reduced fee to demonstrate, and I know he is in great demand, but I have so far had little response from members of clubs in the area.
I've sent mails to every club secretary in Yorkshire, some have replied enthusiastically but I have received no responses from members, especially those nearest to York!

Exactly the same happened last year and I suspect a lot of the pensioners in these clubs are a little upset about the young(ish) upstart treading on their toes!:devil:

We have already covered the expenses, and anything extra is a bonus, though the launch of a new kit might not go amiss?:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.