• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Open house

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hi Woody. Thanks for asking for a lift for me, I am ok to drive again so will be coming up in the van init?
I told them at work I am relgistisous and don't work on Friday 13th and got away with it so have the day oft.
If Ok with you and Milady will spend some time during the day wiv ya maybe get a pub lunch init?
Luv ya see ya soon YEHAH CANT WAIT.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Woody. Thanks for asking for a lift for me, I am ok to drive again so will be coming up in the van init?
I told them at work I am relgistisous and don't work on Friday 13th and got away with it so have the day oft.
If Ok with you and Milady will spend some time during the day wiv ya maybe get a pub lunch init?
Luv ya see ya soon YEHAH CANT WAIT.

OK mate see you soon look forward to it

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Hopefully Paula & I will be down to Leeds the Friday night & down to yours Sat AM Woody (don't know how early tho). Paula may want to stay in Leeds tho, will have to see nearer the time.
Will be in the transit so I will have a spare seat if needed & if Paula doesn't come then will have 2 seats plus storage in the back for anyone making large purchases that need to be taken back to yours to go in their own vehicles.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
At next weeks gathering of some of "THE GREATEST PENTURNERS IN THE UK" I will be offering some freebies to good homes if wanted. I will fetch a 13mm keyless chuck (unused) and a 150mm ruby grinding wheel 12.5mm bore and a 150mm white grinding wheel 12.5mm bore both of which are 80 grit. The grinding wheels have hardly been used and are in perfect condition. The keyless chuck will need either a 1mt or 2mt arbour as required for your lathe.
Please let me know if you are interested and if there are more than one taker for each item either Woody or Jim can get out the long and short straws!!!!

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi Terry, that`s a very generous offer. :bravo:

I would be interested in a keyless chuck,

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
FREE PEN BLANKS ON THE DAY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED There are 22 yew, 45 spalted beech, 39 cedar of Lebanon, 28 sycamore, 18 spalted sycamore and some gold field burrs and a few others which I have forgotten what they are

DSCF1464 (2).JPGDSCF1465 (2).JPGDSCF1466 (2).JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
At the last count we are up to about 16 now good Job I got 20 name badges lets hope its a nice day I think we will have to put the lathe in the garden or take some of my tools out of the workshop to fit you all in we are really looking forward to meeting everybody and having a good day together

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
FREE PEN BLANKS ON THE DAY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED There are 22 yew, 45 spalted beech, 39 cedar of Lebanon, 28 sycamore, 18 spalted sycamore and some gold field burrs and a few others which I have forgotten what they are
View attachment 1652

This is discrimination against us blokes from South of the Equator.:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).