• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend In The Shed Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I got 7 pen done today I need to go all out next weekend want to get 40 done in two days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
That will be going some Alex, good luck with it :thinks::thinks:

Yep it will start at 8.00 hopefully and finish at 6.00 both day should do it got an easy week of work this week so should be ok also got to put a new plug socket in the work bench

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Nearly finished reshuffle number 37 in my other shed. I've got my stabilising set up finally how i want it. Vac pump, vac chamber, kitchen foil, toaster oven...Even if it does look like a meth lab :funny:
Turn pens they said. There's not much to it they said:funny:
Also had my first go at making a hybrid blank too. We'll see how that turns out:pray:
Really should go to bed, but I'm about as tired as a quality control officer at Nescafe :nooidea:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Send some of your rain over here we are in drought down here. Early Autumn signs the trees have had enough no moisture.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well I did get into the shed today to drill and glue up a pen blank then it was a case of working on the patio dismantling some pallets to expand the wood stock I like to recycle. Still have some more to break up it is surprising how much good wood you can get out of a few pallets.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I'm sure you'll all sleep better knowing that this coming Sunday at 10 o'clock my seed potatoes, onion sets & peas are going to be delivered :nooidea: well I'm excited :thinks: so much so I grabbed a crafty morning today digging, preparing the ground for said peas & onions that is until I ran out of lime :down:

photo1_zpse45dd87f.jpg

Turned my attention to the greenhouse after that & fitted the racking I've been making for it.

photo2_zpsd1324ea2.jpg

More digging this weekend :banana::banana:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Wow you could get a huge shed on that bit of land :thinks:

and it would save on all that back breaking gardening or farming in your case :whistling::whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Nice plot Doug and saves money which can be better used on tools. When we had an allotment we saved £150 just on the potatoes, yes we sat and worked it out

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Wow you could get a huge shed on that bit of land :thinks:

and it would save on all that back breaking gardening or farming in your case :whistling::whistling:

I'm ahead of you there Billy, though the shed will be for storing timber rather than anything else as there's no electricity :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Nice plot Doug and saves money which can be better used on tools. When we had an allotment we saved £150 just on the potatoes, yes we sat and worked it out

Can quite believe that Derek I only had half an allotment last year but we didn't buy any potatoes for 7 months & we are still eating leaks, parsnips & carrots from last year.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Charly is coming tonight to spend a weekend with us.
Her last weekend with us I fear, as she is off to live in New Zealand with her mother.
I'll try and do something constructive with her and get her on to say her farewells here.
My back is giving me some real grief at the moment, bloody sciatica all down the left.
Burning bum and no mobility in the leg hope it goes to spend some quality time with my eldest granddaughter.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
oh Brian, is that a permanent move?

If you don't get her on, then wish her the best.

I hope your sciatica goes as well, it would be very sad if you couldn't enjoy a bit of time with her.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Tell Charlie goodbye & all the best from me & Paula Brian. You need to rest more, you know you're getting on now :funny::funny::funny:

We're off to Portsmouth tomorrow for the week visiting sprog 2, hopefully getting some fishing & photo's done but no turning!!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
More pallet breaking I am now getting quite a pile of wood to use for some projects

Jim

Grand Master
That is some plot Doug, just missing a mini lathe in the potting shed .. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I should get a bit of time in the shed this weekend, probably prep work Saturday & turning on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.