• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
those griselinia blanks have turned up....... i was looking forward to them......... but Im not happy with them... Ill post pictures later. :down:

Thats crap mate, hope they turn out ok. I was looking forward to seeing a pen turned from this wood, it was your post that brought my attention to this wood as i had never heard of it before then. :nooidea:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
just back in Jim, Ill turn one tomorrow...
Was the shoot AGM tonight. lucky to get out with all ma limbs intact... :funny:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
i am........ :ciggrin:
its the others that are the problem.
bit controversial tonight... so ....
less than half the members turned up..
not a good show,

Jed Baxter

Registered
I don't have much time these days for turning, thou it still is a big passion of mine. Working away all week for the past 2 years leaves me little time for pleasure, well the missus does not allow pleasure time unless she is involved of course. :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
Will be in there this weekend, i hope my mate has finished the mod on the bandsaw table, i didn't realise how much i use this machine until last week ... :whistling:

I don't have anything planned to do, so may just spend some time preparing blanks ... :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
got a load of new blanks in this week........... i hope to get in the skip at some point this weekend............

Is T.U.I a crime???? :whistling:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
'Turning....... under..........the .........influence.'

There's little chance of sobriety, given my current working conditions... :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
bottles empty jim.......
was a nice cabernet sauvignon shiraz...... now on the wifes port..... (much to her disgust) I have a Glenmorangie quinta rubin in reserve for later..?

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
bottles empty jim.......
was a nice cabernet sauvignon shiraz...... now on the wifes port..... (much to her disgust) I have a Glenmorangie quinta rubin in reserve for later..?

Are you sober yet mate? :devil:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
yeah.. been sober since Friday Night....
Was up at 5am on Sat and 4 am Sunday to ferreting and Stalking... :nooidea:
Now looking forward to 400 mile commute to work.....:rolling:

Jim

Grand Master
This week i hope to make a few segmented wooden blanks, corian blanks, and of course some new PR blanks on Saturday with turning a few come Sunday. Not made any pens of late due to being busy with the casting and no bandsaw ... :whistling:

I have a party for my Granddaughter to attend on Saturday before i do anything ... :frenchkiss:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
I'm home too.........
drove back up last night..
I hope my new mandrel arrives.....
i need some shed time. :thinks:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
No workshop for me this w/e, its the wifes anniversary :whistling::whistling:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Got home early friday afternoon as I had to go to the dentists. Never a pleasant experience but managed to get an order for a baron fountain pen out of it so not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.