• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I was in this morning pottering about, but it was to cold to stay in to long. :ave_it:

Jim

Grand Master
Good luck!!!! Don't forget to put the thermals on.:face:

Well it wasn't that bad Terry, i started with the heater on for about 30 minutes that was it all day ... :ciggrin:

I got a few pens turned, two of the Corian ones and a couple of my own blanks, i will add some pictures later, i also went through my inventory of pen kits as at the end of next month i will hopefully be filling up my stocks. I have bagged quite a few items to sell as i will not be using these kits again ... :whistling:

All in all a good day ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Well sorry guys, but i am just going to have to straight out with it ... I will be in there this weekend ..Hope to see you all in there to. :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
well, got a couple of jobs to do today... going to start the Labrador's kennel today.
Then going fishing tomorrow, got to catch tea, and the family are away and I don't where the supermarket it??? :whistling:
Probably manage some shed time on Sunday. Got a shit load of pens to make... couple of knifes to finish....

Jim

Grand Master
Shopping all done, pot of tea and the shed is all mine ... :ciggrin:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
5 fish for 10.5 pound,

got my bag limit for 10.45 in the morning :whistling:

Stayed on catch and release all day though....... :ave_it:

me and mate managed 19 between us total.

My other mate................... Blanked............ :face:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
been in the shed no roof yet but lined the walls with hardboard doors i got in the week £1 each I got 14 low quality but thet'll do the job.Frankie:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
5 fish for 10.5 pound,

got my bag limit for 10.45 in the morning :whistling:

Stayed on catch and release all day though....... :ave_it:

me and mate managed 19 between us total.

My other mate................... Blanked............ :face:

been in the shed no roof yet but lined the walls with hardboard doors i got in the week £1 each I got 14 low quality but thet'll do the job.Frankie:thumbs:

Well i wish i had gone fishing today, or even had no roof on the shed, i have had a real shit day .... I started making the tutorial for the Celtic Cross on the bandsaw, well all this went well (I have the pictures :ciggrin:)

Well i had three goes at turning the pen but on each occasion the top barrel with the cross in it ended up in the bin, twice the plastics that i was using in the blank blew out ... :vangry: The third time i undercut the end of the blank, something that i haven't done since i was just starting out .. :2cry::sadmo:

Well there is always tomorrow ... :ciggrin:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
well i when mountain biking in the morning and then spent the rest of the day fix it

now got to go and fix the caravan tomoz fun :down:

Jim

Grand Master
You can build it up with CA, somebody that I share my shed with done this. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Thanks for the tip Mark, but sadly it was thrown in the bin (where it belongs :whistling:) Getting quite a pile in there lately ... :thinks:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
How come you had blow outs Jim. Was it to do with the glue? :nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
How come you had blow outs Jim. Was it to do with the glue? :nooidea:

I believe it was due to the fact that i made the blanks and the plastic to small. The drill size for this barrel is 12mm, when i finished the drilling i had about 2mm to play with.. And i made this mistake twice ... :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.