• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Got home early friday afternoon as I had to go to the dentists. Never a pleasant experience but managed to get an order for a baron fountain pen out of it so not too bad.

make sure you charge through the nose for it......
Now if only you could emulate a little discomfit , just before they hand the money over........... Assuming its your dentist that's bought it. :whistling:

Not sure why i think that.. :nooidea:........ My dentist is a gorgeous Red Head... Never caused me an ounce of pain....:bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Got home early friday afternoon as I had to go to the dentists. Never a pleasant experience but managed to get an order for a baron fountain pen out of it so not too bad.

lol, now that is the sign of a good salesman ... :ciggrin:

My dentist is a gorgeous Red Head... Never caused me an ounce of pain....:bwink:

Mine is a weight lifter with muscles on muscles ... :shocking: But she is Blonde .... :ciggrin:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I know if I charged per hour what she charges I'd never get a sale. Still if she uses it at work I reckon there could be an opening here for further work.

Jim

Grand Master
Started working on a jig (well two actually) today to help with the making of Celtic crosses, turned a pen and a light pull, so my day wasn't that bad ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Well i bet him this week. :ciggrin:

I will be in the workshop on saturday, we (the wife :whistling:) has something planned for sunday.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
going to go ferreting in the morning on my mates estate where he is keeper, taking the fly rod, just to wet a line.. then stalking as last light for Fallow....... then going to lamp the lurchers......
Sunday, I have to go to my shoot and cut rides through the roughest drive, called the crags, 6 feet deep in gorse...... Pm....... pickig spikes of gorse out of every naked piece of flesh I have.......May try my mandrel out if the wife lets me...

Jim

Grand Master
Busy weekend Matty ... :funny:

I will be in starting Saturday afternoon, still got loads to do and little turning. Hopefully come the start of the warm weather all the "Other" work will be done and all my time spent in the shed can be for producing ... :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Setting off in 10 minutes to my mates place, take a look at the radial saw, i am taking some 1" ply for him to cut which i have marked out to make a well for me to make a silicone mould.

Hopefully back in the shed around 3pm ... :ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
He has started to alter the stand it sits on, bringing in the legs so that i can fit it in a space i have in the shed ...

Today i got the mould made to make a silicone rubber 6" x 6"mould, hopefully i will make an attempt at this tomorrow ... :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Well i will bear the weather and enter the shed tomorrow ... :bwink:

I have a small amount of resin left, so i will use this up tomorrow and turn a few pens that i have already prepared ... :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
landrover has been confiscated so 'SWMBO' can get to work in the snow.........

Where as the owner/keeper of the landrover is going shooting, with 2 dogs, in a feckin' BWM, right past SWMBO's work, and another 15 mile up a feckin' hill
where's the logic in that...........?????:vangry:

oh yeah.........

female logic...........:bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
no......... she gets to clean the car out...............:ciggrin:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Not sure if i can get in this weekend, she has plans for me. :rolling: